Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer is finally here

We are so excited that summer is finally here! I'm not going to really complain that it is too hot too quick, but it is. This past weekend we spent it all outside.

Friday night Chad and I went on a 4 wheeler/Rhino ride, with good friends and family. It was a blast. I have never been on a night 4 wheeler ride. I think I went through a full roll of toilet paper with my allergies though. Between the dust, and all the pollen, weeds, and trees, by the time we got home my eyes were swollen, red, and I could barely breathe. But the ride, and the people made it all worth it.

Saturday Chad worked, so Porter and I cleaned the house in the morning, and then went outside and mowed the lawn and played in his pool. He is such a fish. He loves the water, he had so much fun just splashing around and jumping in his pool. And I enjoyed just relaxing with my feet in and sitting in the sun.

Saturday night we just hung out, didn't do much, went and saw my friends new cute baby. All these new babies, and people being pregnant, is making me a little baby hungry. But I can wait, not quite ready for another baby or being pregnant. My friend also has a little boy that is 2 years older than Porter, an d those 2 love to play, and wrestle with each other. Porter can hold his own, and take what is given to him. It was so much fun watching them.

Sunday we went out to Mona reservoir. Chad's dad was given 2 jet ski's, 1 works, the other needs a couple parts that Chad and his dad are going to get and get it fixed so we all have 2 to take out. We spent the whole day out there, it was great. Porter had some cousins to play with, and Chad's aunt and uncle brought their boat, and water weenie, and knee board, so everyone was entertained. Had a scary accident with Porter and his life jacket weighing him down, scared momma, and Porter, luckily my sister in law was right there, and I was like ten feet way and was there in a split second. Porter didn't play in the water much after that, rather than his feet, granted he went all day without a nap too. But we all had fun, and are looking forward to many, many more days out on the reservoir.


One day back in May, we decided to go try to fish. Didn't really work out. We took the dog who just wanted to play in the water, and then Porter to just wanted to play with the fishing pole. Didn't catch anything, didn't come close to catching anything, but we had fun, it was nice to get out and be in the sun.












We are currently debating on whether or not we should sell Chad's motorcycle. Some days we want to, other days we don't. Chad got it out for the first time in almost 3 years a couple of months ago, only because I made him. He gets this look about him every time he is on it, I know he loves it and wants to so bad be able to ride like he did before his wreck, he was on his way to being pro before. He has grown up and matured, and isn't as daring on it now days, he knows he can't be reckless, and hurt himself. But I know he still loves to get on it and just ride around. And I think he looks so damn sexy on it. Our first date we went to the sand dunes and rode. I know Porter is going to be just like his daddy and have a love for motorcycles, he already does. Chad took him for a little ride the other day when we pulled it out to wash it so we could take pictures to put it up for sale, that kid did not want to get off, when he did get off, he bawled. He bawled until he saw Chad riding around on it, and he just got all excited watching him.

I can't wait 2 weeks, and then I have my 2 weeks off to do swimming lessons with Porter. It is going to be so great having 2 weeks off to spend with my baby. But it is also going to be so hard to go back to work when the time comes. Porter is just at that age where there is so much that I want to do with him, and take him, and I feel bad because I really can't, I have to work. I wish that I could take a leave for 4 months and just go and do all that we want to, but I know at this point in our life that we are not able to do that, and that breaks my heart. But on the bright side, I get those 2 weeks with him, and nights, and Saturdays and Sundays. So for now we will deal with that.

In 11 days, my Porter is going to be 2. I cannot believe it. Wow, how time flies!! He is such a monster, and makes me so happy. I love him so much and am so proud and grateful to be his mommy!! I love you Porter!!


1 comment:

  1. Sell the dirt bike ? CRAZY! My husband would never ever sell his. But he also gets it out alot more than Chad. He rides almost every wknd in the summer(when he's home)
    I love the water Porter sleeps...cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete