Monday, May 24, 2010

A whole lot of.....

Nothing, has been going on in our lives. We'll nothing super exciting. Nothing that I have taken time to blog about.
In April we celebrated Easter at home. Took Porter to the Easter Egg Hunt, he had so much fun, went and visited friends that were camping and just hung out with family. Enjoyed the warm weather that we had.


The end of April we got rid of the Black Dodge, and upgraded to a GMC Sierra Crew Cab. It is a beautiful truck, it runs, runs so much better than the dodge, is so much more roomier than the dodge, just everything about it is better than the dodge. The only thing I do miss about the dodge is the loudness. I could always hear Chad when he was down on main street. The GMC, is quite, quite. You almost don't know its running. Chad is adjusting, there are days when he misses his dodge, but he also knows that it was better for us to get this truck instead of wasting money and putting it into the dodge. I am very happy with the upgrade. Now to just upgrade my car!!!






The last week of April Chad finally went back to work. It was a long winter of him not working. He was glad. It has been rough though, with mother nature not being very nice and giving us a wet spring, and some winter weather. They don't work when the ground is muddy and wet. Like this week, they are not working. There was 18 inches of snow yesterday up in Eureka, so he has the week off, and gets to spend it at home with his boy. Sucks, but what can you do. Chad really enjoys his job, likes the people he works with, is in a good position, good money, and is less than 10 minutes from home.

On May 7th Chad and I and our friends Casey and Chelesa all headed down to Vegas to the Supercross Finals! It was awesome. The weather was so nice, (windy) but nice. We stayed in the Sahara, the room was nice, the gambling and location sucked. But we dealt. It was my first Vegas trip, Chad, Casey, and Chelsea's first trip all being legal. The Supercross was by far the best part of the trip. Chad and I had 3rd row seats. We were on the first turn, but the seats were great, we got showered by dirt! HAHA, loved it. It took us 2 hours to get back to the hotel from the stadium. We drove to the stadium. Kind of a bad idea, no one could remember where we parked the car. By the time we got to the car almost everyone was gone so we got out of the stadium, we just hit the traffic of everyone out on the road and on the strip. It sucked. Sunday we walked the strip, had a frieken blast. Loved my 48oz Peach Daiquiri, it was yummy, got me a mother's day Aqua Massage, had a good dinner, and just had a blast with my hubby and friends. Went back to the hotel hit the casino, packed, slept, and left the next morning. The trip home seemed quicker than the trip down. I was glad to get home and see my baby boy. I sure missed him, and he missed his momma and dad too. It was nice to get away, but nice to come home and feel so loved.

Last weekend was fun. Chad and I went to the bar with his "adopted dad" and his girlfriend, we drank and danced, saw an old friend from high school and just had a blast. Then Saturday we went and did Porter's 2 year pics, and some family pics. They turned out great thanks to my wonderful talented sister in law. I can't wait to see them when they are done. Then Sunday we washed the truck (smart), and hung out with both families, and napped, and watched movies. I love just hanging out with my 2 boys, and sometimes our families! LOL!

So now here we are, the end of May, well almost. Memorial Day is the weekend, don't think we are doing anything or going anywhere, especially since the weather is saying rain and cold Saturday and Sunday. Probably just hang out with family and friends.

I am looking forward this summer, got lots going on. Porter's birthday next month, than right after his birthday Porter and me are doing 2 weeks of swimming lessons, (no work for 2 weeks, YEA), and then possibly a trip to Idaho (crossing my fingers), a new nephew the end/first of June/July, and just spending lots of time with the family. And we will see what else goes on!

1 comment:

  1. Cute long post!
    I cannot wait to see Porter's new pics!

    ReplyDelete