So last night I am sitting in the front room, getting Porter ready for bed, and then through my front room window comes the big, bright flashing light, and crackling and popping. Scared the living beegeezes out of me and Porter, I pick him up and run to the other side of the room, thinking that the world is ending. Yea I know, I'm crazy, but yea, that is what I thought. Here me and Porter are all alone and the world is coming to an end. First off I hate being home alone, (yes I know I'm not really alone, I do have Porter) and secondly I am scared of the dark. Luckily there was a flashlight on the TV stand that I was able to grab and finish getting Porter dressed. So I got him dressed got our stuff together and headed over to my in-laws. Oh so obviously the world didn't end, it was just the transformer blew on the power pole that is right in front of my house. My in-laws had lots of candles, and a fireplace, so we stayed nice and toasty. Because everyone knows if the power goes out no heat, which is sucky. SO it got me thinking, if the world really did come to an end, or there was some sort of emergency or crisis to where we had no power, I am in trouble. I am not even the slightest bit prepared for any of that. It actually scares me to think about anything like that happening. So if anything like that did happen, the Hansen's wouldn't last to long. Well maybe we would because we would just go over to my in-laws. We are very lucky to have them living right behind us. It is very convenient. And they are great people, they let me and Porter come in and hang out and spend the night. I consider my self very lucky to have such wonderful in-laws, not only parents, but sister-in-laws also. They are all wonderful people and treat me like one of there own.
So Chad has only been gone a week, and it actually feels like it has been a month. Time goes by so slow. I miss him very much, and I know Porter does too. And it has been especially hard having him gone with Porter being sick. And I know Chad is having a hard time being gone too. I have been borrowing my mom and dad's cell phones so I can take pics and videos of Porter and he is loving them. And cute lil Porter just loves the camera. He does the cutest pose, but it is so hard to get a pic of it because he sees the camera and trys to come after it.
I am working my first Saturday today, and it pretty much blows! Oh my gosh, I thought we were super slow during the week, but we are even slower on Saturdays, and I still have 6 more hours. I don't know what I am going to do with myself, and there is only so much that you can do on the internet until you are bored out of your mind there. If anyone knows of any fun and entertaining sites please let me know.
So Chad has only been gone a week, and it actually feels like it has been a month. Time goes by so slow. I miss him very much, and I know Porter does too. And it has been especially hard having him gone with Porter being sick. And I know Chad is having a hard time being gone too. I have been borrowing my mom and dad's cell phones so I can take pics and videos of Porter and he is loving them. And cute lil Porter just loves the camera. He does the cutest pose, but it is so hard to get a pic of it because he sees the camera and trys to come after it.
I am working my first Saturday today, and it pretty much blows! Oh my gosh, I thought we were super slow during the week, but we are even slower on Saturdays, and I still have 6 more hours. I don't know what I am going to do with myself, and there is only so much that you can do on the internet until you are bored out of your mind there. If anyone knows of any fun and entertaining sites please let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment