Saturday, February 14, 2009

A few things

Car Seats
So since Porter was about 6 months, he has been 20+ lbs, so I had to get rid of his baby car seat, and get him a sit up car seat. It has been great for the fact that he fits perfectly in it, but not so great when I have to run errands, and get him in and out. It is super annoying. And then when it is storming like it was the other day it is a pain too. I like the other car seat because it would just attach to and from the base, and if I had to go grocery shopping I could just put that in the cart and not worry about unbuckling him and all that fun stuff. And the worst is when he is sleeping and I unbuckle him, it always wakes him up. So right now at this age it is a real big pain to be in the car seat that he is in. But maybe once he gets older it won't be so bad. But can you just imagine carrying around a car seat with a 25lb baby in it. It was a workout!! And yes don't worry I am in compliance with all the laws and baby safety, he still is rear-facing.



This kid is the most happy, smiley kid ever!!

So this year I am alone for V-Day. Well kind of. I have my sweet baby boy Porter, who just makes me so happy, and can make me smile and laugh no matter how crappy I am feeling.

I was feeling really bummed yesterday at work, everyone was all talking about there plans, and what they were getting, and a couple of people got some flowers. Made me sad to think that I won't have my husband to share this "Lovers day" with. But then it is ok. It's just a sacerfice that we have to make right now, and I know that when he comes home that we will celebrate and have our own special V-day.

I know in a sense Chad is kind of happy he is not here to celebrate. He has to deal with Christmas, and then a month later, it's my birthday, and then 2 weeks later its V-day. He doesn't think its right that I get 3 holidays in a row. LOL, he just likes to complain.


So tax season!! Yea!! We are waiting for one more W-2, but then I also have to wait for Chad to get home to do them because we file jointly. Sucky! So I will not be getting my return for awhile, which sucks, because I want some stuff, plus I have bills to pay, and a truck to get ready for my husband so when he comes home it will be fixed, (finally 7 months later!!)


So whenever I am in service with me and Porter, I try to send Chad as many pics of us as possible. Well not us, but Porter, and this one I took last night before we went to bed. And I actually really like it. I don't usually like pics with me in it, but this one I did.


Getting ready to go to bed!!

1 comment:

  1. I like this picture too, you have the best eyes!

    You are such a good mom and wife.. You are being so strong being without your hubby! I am sure it is super hard, but you are doing so awesome!

    If you need anything, seriously, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete