Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Long Awaited UPDATE!!!

So I have been lazy and neglecting my blog. Alot's been going on but I haven't cared to document it. But now I am going to take the time and try.
Lets start where we left off, Porter's 2nd birthday. It was a great day, Chad worked, so Porter and I hung out at home and got the house ready for his party. Grandparents and aunts, uncles and cousin's all came out and celebrated with us. Porter was very spoiled this year. He got his own 4 wheeler. Although he is still a little small to ride it on his own, we are working with him so next summer he will be able to have at it by himself. Scary thought!

The next 2 weeks I had off and Porter and I did swimming lessons and hung out with friends and family. It was great having 2 weeks off, went super quick because we were super busy. The first day of swimming lessons were rough. Porter didn't want anything to do with it and cried and sat on the side. The next day he was all for it. We had a great experience and he actually learned a few things, and still will show me in the bath tub. It's great!!

Chad and I went on the Poker Run this year that the Elk's Lodge in Eureka sponsors. That was a blast, we went with a huge group, it was nice and warm, lots to drink, and fun games. I also won this awesomely huge helmet in the drawing!!


We spent many weekends at Mona Res on the jet ski and on Lisa and Jim's boat. Porter didn't' like the boat, but Chad got out there a few times and knee boarded. I stuck to the jet ski's, I'm not much of one to like to be tipped and thrown off things, so I thought the jet ski was safe, that was until I took a turn to tight and flew off and tipped the jet ski and couldn't get it back over. I was in the middle of the res for probably 5 minutes until Chad came out and rescued me! Love my hubby!


The 4th of July we went to Schofield and camped for the weekend. It was a nice cool relaxing weekend, filled with 4 wheeler rides, and 4th of July celebrations. Porter loves camping, he loves playing in the dirt, riding 4 wheelers, and hanging out in Grandma's trailer, well anyone's trailer that isn't ours.


The next couple weeks of July we just hung out and worked, and enjoyed the warm weather. The end of July I got to go to Tim Mcgraw with the girls in Chad's family and a bunch of other ladies from Goshen! It was a blast! Funnest concert I have ever been too! First time drinking beer too! I was pretty proud of that one! LOL. Chad was proud of me too!!


August was another month, didn't do too much then either. Just hung out and worked.
For Labor Day we went pickin pine cones! That was fun and dirty! Very dirty! I have been with Chad 5 years and this is the first time that I have ever gone with him picking pine cones. Not really my thing, I don't like sticky things, or pine nuts. But I had fun, Porter had fun like always, and it is always great being with the Hansen's and all their friends. All great people. I took my camera, but did not pull it out even once, like always.

Chad celebrated his 25th birthday on the 8th of this month. Boy got spoiled, he got a cold air intake for his truck, and then a bunch of stuff that he needed.

This last Sunday we went to the State Fair, first time for all of us. It was alright. It was super hot on Sunday and I have a very independent 2 year that wants to walk around on his own and do his own thing. So we chased him a lot. And then he was being a stinker and wanted to ride the rides, and then when he got on he didn't want to be on there. What a turd! But we still had fun, and tried it once.

And the best for last.....For those who don't know, and haven't heard, we are pregnant. YUP, preggers. Found out the first of August. We have kept this one quite until the past week and have started letting people other than family know. I have kind of had a hard time coming to terms with this pregnancy, just because I was so on track with losing weight, and we had just gotten off birth control, and were not planning on trying until September or October. So it was a big surprise and I was not ready for it at all. But I have come to terms with it and am super excited, Chad is super excited, and Porter is excited and so cute about it all. I know everything happens for a reason and this was supposed to happen to us. We are ready for it and excited. I am of course hoping for a little girl, Chad is OK either way, Porter wants a brother, not a sister, but we will all be happy either way!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!!!
    Harbor wants a sister! no boys allowed!

    Long huge post! Like it!
    YUMMY cake!

    ReplyDelete