Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas and New Years 2009

Christmas this year was great. Porter was old enough to somewhat know what was going on. He was really good with opening his presents even though the poor kid was sick. He was a trooper, I dragged both him and Chad around for 3 nights. The night of the 23rd, we went to dinner at the Brick Oven with the Bird Family, Christmas eve we had dinner with my mom's side of the family and opened Christmas pj's, then Chad and I went home and got Porter's Christmas together. The kid was spoiled. He got a chair to go along with his couch, and a table and chairs to play on, a tool bench, a bunch of cars, and a bunch or new books, he loves to read, and a couple of outfits. I got spoiled as well, I got a new camera, sterling silver earrings, and a treadmill. My husband is the best. The earrings and treadmill was a complete surprise. He did real good hiding it from me this year. Chad got a couple different tool sets, and a bi pod for his 17. Porter also got spoiled from both grandparents. We spent Christmas morning at Chads parents, with all 5 siblings, and all 9 grandchildren, it was a crazy house, but nice to be around and see everyone and all the kids playing. Next we headed over to my parents house, which was a lot calmer, not near as rowdy. Porter was having a tough day by the time we got to my parents, so my dad and brother in law gave him a blessing, and he became instantly better. It was great to have them do that, and for him to have such a good reaction to it so quickly. Made for a much better day. After my parents we went back to Chad's parents house and hung out for a minute, and then my parents came over to our house to see all of what we got. We had a real good Christmas this year. Was really happy to be around family, and be in a Christmasy mood. It was also nice to have a 4 day weekend, and not work, and just spend the time with Chad and Porter.
New Years wasn't too excitin
g for me. Chad and I went and had dinner at the Elks in Eureka, it was pretty boring, so we left went back to Goshen, Chad went and played poker at the neighbors, and I went to his parents and watched the kids with his sister. Had fun with all the kids and Ashley, she is always fun to hang out with, Didn't get to give my hubby a new years kiss, cause I had a upset baby half asleep on me. But it's ok. The rest of the weekend we just hung out and relaxed.
We haven't been doing much these days, I work, and Chad has been home with Porter collecting unemployment, and waiting for a call to go out to work. Hopefully somehting will be coming up soon, even if it is out of state. It will be hard, but we did it before and we will do it again. Porter is growing like a weed, he is so smart, and such a daredevil, Porterizing everything he gets his hands on. He is putting words together really good, and learning new ones. I love that boy so much, and am sad that he is growing and not going to be my baby anymore very soon. But he is at a very fun stage, and I am loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment